Sunday, June 22, 2008

Steadfast & Immovable...Always Abounding in Good Works

Youth Conference was last weekend and I still haven't posted pictures, so here they are. This year, youth conference was such a good experience! I learned so much and felt so good during whatever we were doing. It started out last Wednesday night with the trek video from last years youth conference(which was great-the video made everyone cry!), and they an In-N-Out truck for dinner on Thursday and that kicked off the rest of the weekend. The speakers (Kory Kunz and Michael McLean)were amazing! I've never been excited to go listen to speakers, but this time they were definitely one of my favorite parts! That's almost all you heard during the testimony meeting, how much everyone loved their talks. the testimony meeting was so spiritual and two non-members even bore their testimonies! One of my really good friends even came! We got to go to the beach, a couple dances(the last one was very pretty), and do a really awesome service project. We helped renovate a pretty old and not very clean school in not the best location. We painted murals all over the school and inside some of the classrooms with hundreds of other volunteers. There are some amazing ones, so I'll post those too. I've never enjoyed a service project so much either! I liked this project specifically I think because I knew I was helping change kids' lives for the better. Helping renovate that school made me feel so much more grateful for the things I take for granted...and my health! I felt like I would get sick just being there. Overall, youth conference was one of the best experiences I've ever had! BTW: Kory Kunz is an amazing singer and songwriter and piano player and he sang and played us some of his songs. They all have a story behind them, which he told us a lot about! He's got a couple of CD's out through Deseret Book, but if anyone's interested in listening to samples of his songs...here's the link.
http://www.ldsaudio.com/shop/music.aspx?type=artist&id=533













5 comments:

Kerrie said...

what a great way to kick off the summer. I am glad you had so much fun!

Grandma B said...

Cool I love Michael McLean. I am going a trek myself to Martin's Cove this summer can't wait.

The Marsden 6 said...

Looks like so much fun, I'm glad you got to go!

Unknown said...

Wow! What a GREAT Youth Conference! Won't the students at that school LOVE coming back next year?!! So, so COOL....

Kim said...

Wow! Good job, Kacy! Now post Girl's Camp so I can hear all about that also! Mom